Naughty or Nice. Give a gift. Get a lift.
This holiday season CrossFit Strong is excited to announce that we are partnering with Children's Hospital of Plano as our philanthropy. We are using the http://naughtyornice.events as a framework to support this partnership. Naughty or Nice is a worldwide service project with one goal, serve those in our local community.
The idea is simple, donate a new toy and get a workout in return. We are collecting new unwrapped toys and we will be donating to Children's Hospitals through their Christmas Stocking Drive. This toy drive is specifically for children who will be patients in the hospital on Christmas Day to ensure they receive a gift and the joy that it brings.
Children's Medical Center Plano is near to our hearts as the Yocom family spent several extended stays there in 2016 with Gale and Ashley's daughter, Addison. The love and kindness they received from the staff and hospital was overwhelming and as a Strong Fam-Uh-Lee we would like to give back to them by ensuring each child in the hospital receives a gift on Christmas.
We've set a goal of stuffing 250 stockings with toys and gifts. We hope that you will help us reach it and join us. We will also be hosting the Naughty or Nice WOD at CrossFit Strong on Friday 12/15 during all classes.
We need you to participate in this great cause! Here's what you need to do:
1. Go to http://naughtyornice.events and register. Just bringing a toy is awesome, but registering will help track the giving.
2. Bring a new unwrapped toy, think "Stocking Stuffer" size, to CrossFit Strong before 12/17
3. (Optional) - Naughty or Nice WOD with us on 12/15 at CrossFit Strong
Interested in getting more involved? Is your company in need of a service project this season? We want to partner with your workplace or neighborhood community to join in the Naughty or Nice effort to ensure we reach our goal of 200 toys for Children's Medical Center. Please email us at email@example.com to find out how to be a larger part of this wonderful cause.
Need ideas on what kind of toys to purchase? Here's a few by age range of the patients at Children's Medical Center. Remember, think "Stocking Stuffer" size!
- Infants: baby socks, rattles, bibs
- Toddlers: sippy cups, small stuffed animals, board books
- Young kids: coloring books, Legos, dolls
- Teens: puzzles, $5 gift cards, hand held games, fun socks