How long have you been at Strong?
- Since January 2018
What is your occupation?
- Real Estate Investor/Agent & Tax Consultant
Where are you from?
How did you hear about Strong?
- My husband really wanted to join Crossfit and did A LOT of research to find the best gym (and he obviously found it!). In the beginning I did not want to do Crossfit and did not have any intention of doing it for more than 6 months. I had no idea how awesome the coaches would be or how much I would enjoy the workouts. ;
How have you seen yourself change – mentally or physically – since being a part of Strong?
- Working out and my diet have been a really big struggle since I was a kid. I typically am consistent for a while with working out and eating healthy and then fall back into old unhealthy habits and my weight has constantly fluctuated. Before CFSI was complacent with working out and worked a ton of hours so I fell into a habit of eating out a lot and eating food that was quick and easy. Coming to CFS was quite an experience - everyone is so STRONG which is encouraging because it lead me to set some goals for myself. Between the coaching staff and other members who hold me accountable and push me to do more, I have realized that my body is stronger and capable of doing more than I ever realized. I definitely saw the most change when I got a nutrition coach and actually learned about food and my body. I learned that you don't have to be on some crazy diet to see results with weight loss and since being at CFS my whole outlook on fitness and nutrition have completely changed. I have been able to develop healthy sustainable habits.;
What is your favorite move?
What is your least favorite move?
- Assault Bike
What has been your favorite WOD so far?
- 12 Days of Crossfit
What has been your least favorite WOD ?
What are some of your goals that you have for yourself in the next year?
- Being able to do pull ups, rope climbs, and hand stand push-ups! Also, I am still working on loosing weight.
How do you see CrossFit as different from other programs?
- Crossfit is different from other programs because of the excellent coaching and the community. I really enjoy the variety of workouts which you don't necessarily get elsewhere and I can't see myself ever maxing out my physical capabilities.
Did you think a sport of elite fitness would ever be for you?
- Probably not. I am mostly concerned with just being fit and healthy for myself and my family.
How can other people relate to your story?
- When I first started Crossfit I was the last one to finish the workouts and felt like I was dying during and after every single workout. I was nervous to join and do certain workouts because I felt like I couldn't do them. BUT, there are always modifications and I believe everyone can do it and see great results.
What is something that no knows about you and you wouldn’t mind sharing?
What is the dumbest thing you have heard at CFS?
- "It's easy! All you have to do is pop your hip up!" - Coach April on How to do a Pull-up
What is the funniest thing you have seen done at CFS?
- Gia sprawled out on the floor wanting a belly rub in the middle of a workout!
What is your most memorable moment here?
- Deadlifting 195 the other day!